EROSION SEDIMENT CONTROL INCLUDING HIGH EFFICIENCY SEDIMENT BASINS
FloodWorks, Lismore NSW, recognises that development activities have the potential to cause environmental harm if not properly managed.
One of the most common environmental impacts of construction activities is the erosion of soil and subsequent sedimentation of watercourses or drainage infrastructure.
The loss of soil from a construction site can also be costly in terms of remediation and replacement costs. Removal of deposited sediment will often incur high costs. Sediment deposition and suspension within water courses has direct impacts on water quality and aquatic life.
FloodWorks specialises in the design of site specific Erosion and Sediment Control Plans (ESCP) which detail how the potential impacts of erosion and sedimentation will be managed for a project. ESCP will vary in content and detail depending on the scale of works and the physical characteristics of the project.
FloodWorks can prepare comprehensive Erosion and Sediment Control Plans in accordance with the International Erosion Control Association (IECA) Best Practice Erosion and Sediment Control (BPESC) document, and the NSW Blue Book to ensure your site is compliant with all applicable approval permits and regulations from planning through to completion.
Ensuring your site remains compliant through the various stages of a development reduces the risk of lengthy and expensive ‘site closures’ and fines from regulatory agencies.
FloodWorksplans are developed using practical design solutions, taking into consideration site conditions and constraints. ESCPs can be certified by a ‘Certified Practitioner in Erosion and Sediment Control’ (CPESC).
Benefits of using a FloodWorks ESCP include:
- Provides a systematic approach to Erosion Sediment Control (ESC)
- Provide subcontractors with an understanding of ESC requirements
- Provide cost effective methods and timing for ESC
- The ability to reduce downtime associated with wet weather, clean up costs, and delays in project completion
- Reduces off site impacts (e.g social, environmental and financial impacts)
- Demonstrated compliance with relevant legislation and contract documentation
- Provides an aid for auditing, monitoring and maintaining aid to performance in relation to ESC.