2D FLOOD MODELLING
FloodWorks, Lismore Northern NSW, is an expert in 2-Dimensional (2D) Flood Assessment and can provide understanding and clarity about flood risk and flood behaviour, including any potential impacts arising from proposed development, and influence floodplain planning. Flooding may arise from creek or riverine flooding, or it may result from flash overland flooding as result of the failure of the minor stormwater drainage system.
FloodWorks has a specialist team of flood engineers with extensive experience in hydrologic and hydraulic studies.
FloodWorks uses primarily XPSWMM which is based on the TUFLOW software engine.
OUR REGULAR SPECIALIST HYDRAULIC STUDIES
FloodWorks regularly undertakes the following specialist hydraulic studies, including:
• Rainfall and runoff modelling including calibration
• 1D and 2D floodplain modelling
• Flood impact assessment quantifying any increases to peak water levels
• Flood risk assessment and management planning
• Real time flood forecasting and warning
• Estuary and coastal lake flooding analysis
• Open Channel hydraulics including structures such as bridges, culverts etc
• Urban stormwater pipe network and detention basin design and analysis
HYDRAULICS ANSWERS, STABLE MODEL RUNS AND FAST RUN TIMES
Here at FloodWorks we use XPSWMM to undertake all 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling. XPSWMM uses the powerful and well-accepted TUFLOW analysis engine coupled with the versatile XPSTORM 1D analysis engine, XP2D to solves the full 2D shallow-water equations on a finite-difference grid. This means that you will get accurate hydraulics answers, stable model runs, and fast run times — key requirements that must be balanced in a model suited for real-world use.